- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
The 45-degree leg press is a safe and effective way to exercise the major muscles groups of your legs. The leg press is a good alternative for people who are unable or uncomfortable with performing a back squat. An advantage of the leg press is that it allows you to use more weight than a free weight squat. It’s also to add variety to your workout routine.
- Lean against the back-rest with your chest up and your back straight.
- Set both feet up on the push plate, about hip-width apart.
- Press the push plate so that both legs straighten.
- Return slowly to the start position.
- Rounding the lower back
- Hips elevating off the pad
- Buckling the knees inward