- SHoulder and upper back strength.
- Coordination of the upper and lower body.
- Core Strength.
The Single Arm Dumbbell Muscle Snatch is a great shoulder warm up. It is also a good pre-hab exercise for baseball and other throwing sports. It is more challenging than the two handed version because of the uneven loading.
- Start in a standing position holding the dumbbell in front of you.
- Push your rear end back and bend forward, stretching the hamstrings slightly, until the dumbbell is just above your knee.
- Stand up and “muscle” the dumbbell overhead.
- Bad posture.
- Using your legs too much.