- Deltoid strength (emphasis: rear head)
- Upper back
The lying single-arm reverse cable fly targets the rear-deltoids and upper back muscles. This is a good exercise for building strength-endurance in the shoulders. Using the bench removes the stabilization demand normally placed on the hip and core muscles. The cable column provides more tension for the shoulders than dumbbells. Squeeze at the top for a peak-contraction.
- Place a bench next to a cable column and lie on your stomach on the bench.
- Hold a cable-handle in the opposite hand.
- Pull the handle out and up until it is level with the shoulder.
- Return slowly to the ground.
- Cocking the head back
- Arm coming up and back too close to the torso instead of straight out to the sides