- Latissimus dorsi (“Wing” muscles) strength
- Upper back strength
- Rear deltoid strength
The wide grip seated row strengthens the rear-deltoids and middle of the back. The trunk should remain upright and the low back arched. Never round your back on this exercise. Bring the scapula together at full contraction to activate the rhomboids.
- Seated with your legs slightly bent in front of you, hold the bar at abdominal level, hands wider than shoulders.
- Keep your chest up and your trunk stabilized.
- Pull the bar straight back toward your abdomen, keeping the elbows out to your sides.
- Return slowly forward until your arms are straighten again.
- Shrugging the shoulders up as you pull the handles
- Dropping the elbows or tucking them into the torso
- Bending the wrists as you pull the handles
- Leaning back excessively