- Abs and Core
- Abdominal strength
- Side of trunk (Obliques)
If you are looking to target obliques and abdominals this exercise delivers results. You can roll up a towel or use a yoga bolster to support your low back. If you travel this is a great exercise that can be performed in your hotel room. Make sure you do not place pressure on your neck, just cradle your head with your hands. Focus on using your stomach muscles to perform the work and bring your torso up as high as possible.
- Lie on your back and place a small rolled-up towel under the small of your lower back.
- Place your feet flat on the floor about 12 inches apart and your finger tips to the sides of your head.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor and twist to one side.
- Return slowly to the starting position and then repeat to the opposite side.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up
- Yanking the head up with the hands
- Reaching only the elbows forward instead of rotating the entire torso