- Mobilizes Ankles
If you hope to excel in nascar this exercise is a must. All kidding aside, the ankle pump helps build strength on both the front and back side of the lower leg. It is a good warm-up for speed and agility drills. It also is a good “pre-hab” exercise to prevent ankle injuries and shin splints. If you play a sport, this exercise can be used at the end of a game to help the calf and shin muscles recover.
- Lie on your back and place both legs up on a bench (or a bed, etc.).
- Relax your body and relax your arms to the sides.
- Push your toes as far away from your knee as possible, and then pull them toward your knee.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Not relaxing the upper body
- Keeping the head elevated