- Biceps strength
- Forearm strength
The arm curl or “preacher” curl exercise isolates the muscles of the upper arm. The biceps act to flex the arm and should be trained in conjunction with the triceps. Perform the arm curl exercise with the arm extension for an effective and efficient arm workout.
- Place the upper arms parallel, resting on the padding.
- Sit with the legs bent at right angles.
- Tighten your core muscles to hold the truck.
- Hold the handles with a steady grip, making sure your wrists are in the neutral position.
- Bend the arms in a uniform movement, until the elbows are bent 90 degrees.
- Return to the starting position, be careful not to over extend the elbows.
- Moving the elbows away from the axis of rotation during the curl.
- Pulling the shoulders back.