- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Abdominal strength
The arm-reaching sit up is a more advanced version of the arm-reaching crunch. You’ll need to develop a baseline level of abdominal strength before attempting this exercise. Due to the full range of motion it’s recommended that you do not have any pre-existing lower back complications. This exercise is good for times when you can’t make it to the gym or you have no equipment. When performed slowly the arm-reaching sit up will be very challenging. You may use your hands to assist you squeeze
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Keep your arms straight and down your sides.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor, reaching yours forward in front of you.
- Return slowly to the start position.
- Jutting the chin as you sit up
- Not sitting up all the way