- Hamstring strength
The auto-band leg curl performed seated focuses on the hamstrings. This exercise can be used as part of a rehabilitation program for the posterior chain. These muscles are important for knee stability and low back strength. This is also a good for beginner exercisers or people with limited mobility. You can perform this exercise as a substitute for the seated leg curl machine.
- Secure each end of the small band to each ankle.
- Prop one foot up on a box in front of you (see video).
- With the other leg, pull the foot down and back by bending the knee.
- Return the foot to the start position.
- Excessively arching the back
- Jerky pulling motion