- Low back strength.
The back extension machine is suitable for people with no pre-existing back problems. This exercise targets the lower back (Erector spinae).
- Adjust the seat so the axis of rotation is inline with your hips.
- Stabalize your body with your legs.
- Keep a slight bend in the knees.
- Position the back padding near your shoulder blades.
- Start the exercise by slowly moving your back until the spinal column is naturally erect.
- Maintain tension and return to the starting position.
- Using too much weight.
- Using fast, jerk movements.