- Upper-back muscle strength
- Increases range of motion in the upper torso
The ball thoracic extension is a stability ball exercise that strengthens the upper back and core. The surface of the ball allows for greater range of motion than if performed on the floor. The stability ball is a great tool for developing your strength, endurance, balance, and coordination. Perform the ball thoracic exercise at home or in the gym.
- Kneel in front of a stability ball, drape your torso over the ball.
- Starting with the head and upper back, lift your spine one segment at a time off the ball.
- Pull the shoulders back as you near the top.
- Return slowly to the start position.
- Cocking the head back