- Abs and Core
- Abdominal strength
The crunch performed with a resistance band is a great way to work the abdominals. The band increases in resistance as you perform the crunch, making it more challenging than the floor crunch. Select a resistance band that allows you to perform as many reps as recommended while maintaining proper technique. You can anchor the band to a stable object behind you and increase the resistance by moving further away from it. Keep you neck straight and eyes focused up as you crunch.
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Stretch the band through the armpits and hold it on the chest.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor.
- Return slowly to the floor.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up
- Pulling the band up with the hands instead of with the shoulders