- Hips & Buttocks
- Glute strength
Hip extension performed with a resistance band while standing strengthens the glute muscles. This exercise can be performed at home or at the gym. When the band is fully stretched, be sure to hold the contraction for a few seconds. This will ensure you focus on feeling the glute work through the entire range of motion. Release the band slowly to keep resistance on the glute.
- Secure one end of the band and attach the other to one ankle.
- Facing the attachment point of the band, hold on to something so that you can stabilize yourself.
- Keeping your posture tall and your chest up, move the resisted leg back as far as you can without leaning.
- Return the leg to the starting position.
- Excessively arching the back
- Leaning the torso forward