- Hamstring strength
The leg curl performed with a resistance band in the prone position strengthens the hamstrings. You can perform this exercise at home or at the gym. Hamstring development is important because without it the quadriceps of the front of the thigh can become overdeveloped and lead to muscle imbalances and potentially an injury. Prop a rolled up town under your hips to alleviate low back strain during the exercise. Pause at the top for peak-contraction.
- Secure one end of the band and attach the other to one ankle.
- Lying on your stomach, pull the attached foot up by bending at the knee.
- Bend the knee slightly past 90 degrees.
- Return the leg to the ground.
- Lifting the hips off the ground or bench
- Jerky pulling motion