- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Upper-body strength
- Trunk, hip and leg stability
The push-up performed with your feet elevated and using a resistance band for added difficulty will strengthen your chest, shoulder, and triceps. You can perform this exercise at home or at the gym. To increase the difficulty select a resistance band that is less elastic and provides more tension. Keep your core tight and back straight as you raise and lower yourself.
- Wrap the elastic band around your back.
- Secure both ends of the band in your hands.
- Elevate your feet on a box, bench or chair.
- Get into a push up position.
- Keep your head, neck and body aligned in a straight line.
- Lower yourself as far as you can by bending your arms.
- Push back up to the top.
- Dropping the head
- Letting the body sag, especially the low back
- Holding the hips up too high