- Latissimus dorsi (“wing” muscle) strength
- Deltoid strength (emphasis” rear head)
The shoulder extension exercise performed with a resistance band strengthens the rear-delt and lats. If an elastic band is not available you can use a cable machine. If no equipment is available for your workout a partner can manually apply resistance to your forearm. Concentrate on keeping your torso upright and your arm straight. The shoulder extension exercise is often used in a post-rehabilitation workout routine for strengthening shoulders and increasing mobility.
- Secure one end of the band and hold the other end in one hand while standing.
- Face the band’s attachment point and keep your chest up at all time.
- With the arm straight, pull it back as far as you can without bending or leaning your body.
- Then lower the arm to the start position.
- Shrugging the shoulder excessively
- Hunching forward
- Leaning forward