- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg speed
- Leg conditioning
The box shuffle drill is used for speed, agility and conditioning. Athletes in sports such as, soccer, ice hockey, and lacrosse use this drill as part of their dynamic warm-ups. The box shuffle should be performed at full speed and with little rest between sets. This will challenge the anaerobic system and improve conditioning. Perform the box shuffle in an open field, free of debris and pot-holes.
- Create a square area, or a “box,” of about five meters per side (about 15 feet).
- Always facing forward, sprint to each corner of the square.
- Quickly change directions by lowering your center of gravity.
- Make sure you perform the sprint for both directions of the box (clockwise and counter-clockwise).
- Not keeping a straight line while running and shuffling