- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg power
- Glute power
The box thrust develops power in the lower body. The goal is to quickly and explosively push off the box, gaining maximum vertical height. Block with the arms to gain additional height, land soft and repeat for the recommended number of repetitions. The box thrust is considered an intermediate to advanced move and should be performed after the lower body has been strengthened with back squats, leg presses or lunges.
- Step one foot onto a step-box.
- Keeping the chest up, drive yourself up as high as possible with the top leg and jump.
- Land with the same leg on the box and the other on the ground.
- Without pausing, immediately drive back up to keep the motion going.
- Slow, lazy movement
- Leaning too far forward
- Spending too much time on the ground when stepping down with the bottom foot