- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
The bent-over hip extension performed on a bench targets the glutes, hamstrings and improves core stability and balance. This is a highly challenging exercise and should be performed with resistance only after the basic variation has been mastered. You may perform this exercise on the floor and progress to the bench.
- With the ankle-strap secured around one ankle, place the opposite knee on the bench while bracing your hands on the bench.
- Starting with the leg bent to the front, extend it back as far as you can without moving your body.
- Slowly return the leg forward.
- Keep your spine straight the entire time.
- Excessively arching your back
- Rounding your back