- Biceps strength
Cable curls performed with an EZ bar attachment strengthen the biceps and wrist flexors. The EZ bar reduces shearing forces on the wrist and provides a more comfortable grip than the straight bar attachment. Cable curls provide a smooth resistance throughout the entire range-of-motion (ROM). Variations include using a single handle and reverse EZ cable curls.
- Standing with your body stabilized, hold the EZ-bar with your palms facing up and slightly turned inward.
- Keep your chest up and your elbows braced at your sides at all time.
- Bend your elbows and pull the bar up toward your chest, until your elbows can’t bend further.
- Return slowly to the bottom position.
- Letting the elbows move forward instead of keeping them back against the torso
- Leaning back excessively
- Swinging the body