- Hips & Buttocks
- Glute strength (emphasis: gluteus medius)
The cable hip abduction exercise strengthens the glutes and hip abductors. The cable hip abduction exercise develops stability in the hips and transfers easily to daily activities, such as walking and running. The cable and ankle attachment allows for smooth resistance to be placed on the glute medius. It is nearly impossible to cheat on this exercise.
- With the ankle-strap secured around one ankle, lie on the opposite side, so that the strapped ankle is on top.
- Bend the bottom leg, to increase stabilization.
- Lift the top leg as high as you can without moving the pelvis bone or your torso.
- Slowly lower the leg.
- Tilting and hiking your hips up