- Hips & Buttocks
- Glute strength
Cable hip extension standing targets the hip extensors (glutes, hamstrings) and core muscles. This exercise is a good alternative for squats and leg presses when isolation of the glutes is desired. Hip and ankle stabilizers are also challenged with the standing cable hip extension exercise. Maintain an upright posture and squeeze the glute muscles for peak-contraction.
- Holding onto a bar in front of you, stand tall with your posture straight and stabilized at all time.
- With the ankle-strap secured around one ankle, start with both legs straight and even with each other.
- Keeping the weighted leg straight, move it back as far as you can without bending your torso or leaning.
- Slowly return the leg forward.
- Excessively arching your back
- Leaning the torso forward excessively