- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
The cable leg extension develops leg (quadriceps) and glute strength. This is an excellent exercise for runners because it mimics the drive phase of the run. Keeping your hands anchored requires less involvement from the core muscles and hips. This exercise can be used to develop definition in the glutes.
- Holding onto a bar in front of you, stand tall with your posture straight and stabilized at all time.
- With the ankle-strap secured around one ankle, start with the leg slightly bent forward, and then straighten it.
- As you straighten it, move it behind you as far as you can without bending your torso or leaning.
- Slowly return the leg forward.
- Excessively arching your back
- Leaning the torso forward excessively