- Deltoid strength (emphasis: front head)
The cable shoulder flexion (raise) performed with a bar builds strong shoulders. The cable provides constant resistance throughout the exercises range-of-motion. For maximum development and results it’s best to lower the weight slowly. Variations include performing single arm shoulder raises and alternating your grip (supination, pronation and neutral).
- Standing with your back to a cable column, hold an attached bar in front of your thighs.
- Keeping your arms straight, lift the bar out in front of you.
- Stop at shoulder height and return the bar to the start position.
- Shrugging the shoulders excessively
- Hunching forward
- Leaning back