The aim of the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (ETM) is to train learners to a professionally competent level that enables them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe but effective exercise classes in a health club environment.
Experience of studio-based exercise classes is highly recommended.
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
This qualification comprises of 6 mandatory units (24 credits).
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
- Fitness Academy Europe Certificate of Achievement
- Active IQ Level 2 Exercise to Music Instructor (E2MI)
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Exercise and Fitness.
It also allows learners to broaden their knowledge to:
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuit Sessions.
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Studio Cycling.
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells.