- Abs and Core
- Abdominal strength
The cross arm ball crunch is a good exercise for beginners. It is an easy exercise to learn yet it is an effective way to strengthen your abs. More advanced exercisers can use this exercise as a finishing exercise for their ab routine. When performing this exercise try to curl your body into a ball, don’t just sit up.
- Lie on top of the stability ball, with the ball directly under your lower back.
- Cross your arms over your chest.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the ball.
- Return slowly to the starting position.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up
- Placing the ball too high up under the back instead of keeping it under the lower back
- Letting the ball roll back as you crunch up