- Hips & Buttocks
- Hip flexibility
The deep hip stretch is used to improve flexibility in the hip. Hip flexibility is important for easy of movement as well as athletic performance. People who spend a lot of time sitting will benefit from the deep hip stretch. Tight muscles in your hip will also put the brakes on your jumping and sprint. Just like every other stretch, the deep hip stretch should be performed after the body is thoroughly warmed up.
- Kneeling on your hands and knees, straighten one leg back
- Move the forward knee over toward the opposite side of the body
- Lean your hips back as far as you can
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Not tilting the kneeling leg over to one side