- Abs and Core
- Full Body
- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg power
- Hip power
- Foot speed
The depth jump and lateral sprint is a good plyometric exercise to build explosive power and sprinting speed. This is a very advanced exercise and should not be attempted unless you have a solid conditioning base. The depth jump and lateral sprint simulates the demands of many sports, such as basketball and soccer, and allows the athlete to focus on mechanics to improve their performance on game day.
- Carefully step off a box.
- Land on both feet and immediately sprint to one side.
- Use good mechanics by swinging both arms while accelerating.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Not bending the knees to absorb the landing
- Spending too much time transitioning between the landing and sprinting