- Biceps strength
Dumbbell curls performed while seated isolate the biceps (elbow flexors). Dumbbell curls are a great way to develop definition in the arms. Supinate (palms up) your wrists for a peak-contraction of the bicep muscles. Seated curls can be performed at home or at the gym with dumbbells and a bench.
- Seated on the bench with your torso stabilized, hold the dumbbells down at your sides with palms forward.
- Keep your chest up and your elbows braced at your sides at all time.
- Bend your elbows and pull the dumbbells up toward the shoulders until your elbows can’t bend any more.
- Return slowly to the bottom position.
- Letting the elbows move forward instead of keeping them back against the torso
- Leaning back excessively
- Swinging the body