- Quadriceps (front thigh) strength
The half wall slide performed with dumbbells is a great way to develop strength in the legs and glutes. The half wall slide emphasizes the quadriceps. It can be performed as part of a lower-body workout or to improve performance for sport. A sturdy wall and pair of dumbbells is all that is required.
- Hold the dumbbells in your hands.
- Lean against a wall with your feet placed 12 to 15 inches in front of you, and about hip-width apart.
- With your entire back against the wall, slide down until your lower thighs are nearly parallel to the ground.
- Carefully push back up to the start position.
- Rounding the back
- Buckling the knees inward