- Shoulder and upper back strength.
- Coordination of the upper and lower body.
- Core strength.
The Dumbbell Hang High Pull is the second pull of the power clean and snatch. This exercise is to be performed in an explosive manner. The dumbbell hang high pull works the core muscles, shoulders, and traps. Be sure to keep your head up and torso erect.
- Start in a standing position holding the dumbbells in front of you.
- Push your rear end back and bend forward, stretching the hamstrings slightly, until the dumbbells are just above your knees.
- Jumping with your legs and pulling with you arms, bring the dumbbells to shoulder height.
- Lower the dumbbells and return to the starting position.
- Bad posture.
- Bringing the dumbbells higher than your elbows.