- Chest strength
- Front deltoids strength
- Triceps strength
The dumbbell incline bench press works the pectoral muscles, emphasizing the upper region. The anterior deltoids and triceps assist the chest muscles in the incline press. Incline dumbbell bench presses can be used for pectoral definition and size. If heavy loads are used to induce hypertrophy, use a spotter for safety.
- Lying on an inclined bench, feet firmly on the ground, hold the dumbbells with straight arms toward the ceiling.
- Keep your chest up at all time, and allow the lower back to maintain a natural arch (not excessive).
- Lower the dumbbells to the sides until they are level with the top of the chest.
- Press them back up to straight arms, preventing them from touching at the top.
- Not keeping the chest up
- Over-arching the lower back
- Lifting the hips off the bench
- Pushing the head back against the bench