- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
The dumbbell lateral step up activates the hip adductors and glutes. It is a good exercise to improve lateral strength and stability in the lower body. To progress with this exercise you can add more weight, increase the height of the step or add repetitions.
- Standing next to a step-box and holding the dumbbells in your hands, set the closest foot on the box.
- Lift yourself until both feet are on the box.
- Carefully step down until both feet are on the ground.
- Rounding the back
- Leaning the torso forward excessively
- Tilting the top knee inward