- Abs and Core
- Shoulder strength.
- Coordination of the upper and lower body.
- Core strength.
Dumbbell Push Press with Rotation develops power and strength in the upper and lower-body. The rotation component activates the core muscles. If you are looking for a quick, effective workout, combine this exercise with Burpees and the Long Jump. You may use heavier weights performing the push press than when performing the exercise with strict form.
- Start with the dumbbells at your shoulders.
- Dip down slightly and use your legs to help drive the dumbbells overhead.
- Rotate 90 degrees to the left as you press.
- Lower the dumbbells back to your shoulders and repeat, rotating to the right.
- Bad posture.
- Pushing the dumbbells out to the side or out in front of you.