- Latissimus dorsi (“Wing” muscles) strength
- Upper back strength
- Rear deltoid strength
- Biceps strength
The dumbbell row performed on a Swiss ball is a challenging exercise for the back, rear-deltoids, biceps, and core muscles. By keeping your elbows up and out you achieve a peak-contraction in the upper back. The dumbbell row on the Swiss ball can be added into your workout routine on your upper-body day, back and biceps day or as part of a circuit training plan.
- On a stability ball, lie on your stomach with your toes placed firmly on the ground.
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, pull both straight up to the sides.
- Keep your elbows out to the sides and exhale on the way up.
- Return slowly to the floor.
- Cocking the head up
- Shrugging the shoulders as you pull the dumbbells
- Bending the wrists as you pull the dumbbells