- Upper Body
- Trapezius strength.
- Upper back strength.
The Dumbbell Shrug is a great exercise for strengthening the upper back and neck muscles. You can incorporate the dumbbell shrug into your back workout, shoulder workout or upper-body workout.
- Start wIth dumbbells in your hand, and arms at your side, raise your shoulders straight upwards.
- Keep your arms, and your upper body straight as you shrug.
- Slowly return to the start position and repeat.
- Dropping your chin towards your chest.
- Making a circular motion with your shoulders.