- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Abdominal strength
The dumbbell sit-up is a great exercise for training abs. If you desire a flat-belly, you’ll want to include this exercise in your routine. If regular floor sit-ups are too easy, use a dumbbell to increase the resistance on the abs. The hip flexors are also involved in the sit-up. The goal is to continually challenge the abs to grow stronger. Keep the rest periods to a minimum and your get more results in less time.
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Hold the dumbbell at your chest, close to the chin.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor.
- Return slowly to the floor.
- Jutting the chin as you sit up
- Holding the dumbbell too low toward the stomach
- Not sitting up all the way