- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
- Hip strength
- Trunk strength
The dumbbell squat will build strong, shapely legs. Dumbbell squats strengthen the glutes, hamstrings and quadriceps. Using dumbbells allows you to avoid placing loads directly on the back. Squats can be used to build muscle and burn fat by reducing the rest time between sets. Use lighter loads for muscular endurance and heavier loads for building strength and size in the legs.
- With your feet placed at hip width, hold a pair of dumbbells in your hands.
- Slowly descend by bending your hips and knees.
- Keep your back straight and your chest up, and maintain the weight on your heels.
- Keeping the knees in line with the angle of the feet, return to the top.
- Rounding the back
- Buckling the knees inward
- Tilting the ankles inward