- Hips & Buttocks
- Metabolic conditioning.
- Strengthen the lower back and hips.
The Dumbbell Swing is a great exercise that can be used as a strength exercise or conditioning exercise. It builds power and endurance in the hips and posterior chain. You can do the Dumbbell Swing on its own or as part of a circuit.
- Squat down and pick up the dumbbell by one end.
- Pushing your butt back and bending your knees slightly swing the dumbbell back, between your legs.
- Use your hips and legs to swing the dumbbell up, over your head if you can.
- Bad posture.
- Swinging the dumbbell to close to the ground.
- Using your arms too much.