- Abs and Core
- Stretches abdominal area
- Stretches all muscles in front of spine at mid back
- Stretches all muscles in front of spine at upper back
The elbow cobra stretch relaxes all the muscles of the abdominals and spine. By resting your bodyweight on the elbows you limit the range-of-motion of the spine. This helps ease you into the exercise and is the foundation for the full cobra stretch. Care should be taken not to over extend the spine. The cobra stretch can be included in your fitness program as part of the post-workout recovery period.
- Lie on your stomach with your elbows directly underneath your shoulders.
- Lift your head up and face forward.
- Press your chest forward while unshrugging both shoulders.
- Keep your hips and your stomach in contact with the floor.
- Shrugging the shoulders
- Dropping the head forward or down
- Cocking the head back and facing too far upward