- Abs and Core
- Core strength.
- Upper body power development.
The Explosive Push Up n a Medicine Ball adds an extra element of speed and precision to the standard push up. It is a great exercise for building explosive power and coordination for the upper body. This exercise would benefit boxers, and other martial artists as well as football players.
- Start in a push up position with one hand on a medicine ball.
- Perform a push up and push yourself up, off the ground.
- While your hands are in the air, roll the ball to your other hand.
- Land with your other hand on the medicine ball.
- Missing the ball or falling off.
- Not “jumping” high enough.