- Stretches wrist and forearm muscles
The forearm extensor stretch is a passive stretch for the muscles on the top of the forearm. This stretch improves flexibility and strength in the brachioradialis. The forearm extensors can become weakened and overused if not properly trained. Sports such as tennis and golf place high demands on the forearm muscles. The forearm extensor stretch should be included as part of the post-game cool down.
- Stand with one arm stretched out in front, palm facing down.
- Using the opposite hand, gently pull the hand of the out-stretched arm down so that the palm faces you.
- Keep the elbow of the out-stretched arm straight.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Hunching forward
- Elbow not fully locked