- Stretches wrist and forearm muscles
The forearm flexor stretch performed on the floor targets the forearm flexors (flexor carpi radialus, flexor carpi ulnaris, and the palmaris longus). The floor provides a surface in which to passively stretch the forearm flexors. This is a stretch is commonly recommended for prevention and management of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS).
- Kneel on the ground and move into a quadruped position — knees under hips and hands under shoulders.
- Turn the fingers back as far as possible and gently place both palms on the ground.
- Stretch the wrists by gently leaning back, keeping both elbows straight.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Elbows bending