- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
Forward lunge thrust alternating is a full body exercise that develops strength, endurance and improves your conditioning. This challenging and fun bodyweight exercise strengthens the legs, glutes (butt), shoulders, torso and triceps. With no equipment you can perform this exercise anywhere, making it a good choice for boot camp class or group training.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width, holding your hands relaxed in front of you
- With one foot, step forward about 16 to 20 inches and descend carefully.
- Push back up to the starting position while thrusting your arms staight overhead
- Repeat for the specified number of repetitions, alternating between both legs.
- Front foot and knee not pointing straight.
- Letting the chest drop.