- Quadriceps (front thigh) strength
The half wall slide “wall sit” is an isometric exercise for the thighs. The wall sit uses your bodyweight and gravity for resistance on the thigh muscles (quadriceps). Skiers use the wall sit to develop strength in the legs and glutes (butt). You can use the wall sit as part of your workout routine. It’s a perfect bodyweight exercise for the home or gym.
- Lean against a wall with your feet placed 12 to 15 inches in front of you, and about hip-width apart.
- With your entire back against the wall, slide down until your lower thighs are nearly parallel to the ground.
- Carefully push back up to the start position.
- Rounding the back
- Buckling the knees inward