- Brachioradialis (Deep biceps and forearm muscle)
The seated hammer curl develops the biceps and forearm muscles. If you’re a bodybuilder looking to mix up your biceps workout or just an “average joe” trying to beef up your “guns” seated hammer curls deliver results. The neutral grip alleviates pressure on the wrist and is therefore a good option for anyone with wrist problems.
- Seated on the bench with your torso stabilized, hold the dumbbells like hammers at your sides.
- Keep your chest up and your elbows braced at your sides at all time.
- Bend your elbows and pull the dumbbells up toward the shoulders until your elbows can’t bend any more.
- Return slowly to the bottom position.
- Letting the elbows move forward instead of keeping them back against the torso
- Leaning back excessively
- Swinging the body