- Upper chest strength.
The Incline Dumbbell Fly is a great isolation exercise for strengthening and shaping the upper chest muscles.
- With the dumbbells in you hand, lean back, and lay down on the bench.
- Your head, neck, upper back and hips should make contact with the bench.
- Start with the dumbbells over your upper chest, arm straight.
- lowly lower the dumbbells to the side, keeping your arms slightly bent.
- Pause, and return the dumbbells to the top. Repeat.
- Hunching the shoulders.
- Raising your head off of the bench.