- Hips & Buttocks
- Increases power in hips and legs.
The jumping lunge exercise is a challenging and fun way to strengthen and condition the lower body. Jumping lunges increase the power in the legs and hips. Jumping lunges are a plyometric (explosive) exercise that requires a base level of conditioning to perform safely. No equipment is needed to perform jumping lunges.
- Start with your feet staggered 16 to 20 inches apart, hands held up in front of you.
- Jump up and quickly swith foot position.
- When you land, absorb right into a lunge by bending your knees.
- Jump back up and immediately switch foot position.
- Continue for a specified number of repetitions or time.
- Front foot and knee not pointing straight.
- Feet not staggered enough forward and back.