- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg power
- Hip power
The lateral box shuffle is a good sport-specific training drill to increase leg power and lower-body conditioning. The lateral box shuffle can be included in your daily workout routine to elevate the metabolism. Perform a compound movement such as squats followed by a bodyweight exercise such as the lateral box shuffle to burn the maximum amount of calories during your workout.
- Start with one foot on the floor and the other foot on top of the box.
- Jump so that the bottom foot lands on the box, while the top foot lands on the floor to the opposite side of the box.
- Immediately jump back to the other side, landing the same way you started.
- Repeat without pausing during the landing phases. (Both feet always land at the same time.)
- Going over the box lazily
- Hunching and not keeping the chest up
- Ground-contact takes too long at the sides