- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
- Increases inner thigh flexibility.
The lateral lunge thrust alternating legs strengthens the legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders. Lateral lunge thrusts develop and strengthen basic motor patterns. The lateral movement increases inner thigh flexibility. This is a great bodyweight conditioning exercise that can be performed at home or in the gym. Use dumbbells for increased upper body demand.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width, holding your hands relaxed in front of you.
- Step one foot out to the side about 16 to 20 inches and descend carefully.
- Push back up to the starting position while thrusting your arms staight overhead.
- Then repeat with the opposite leg.
- Alternate legs for a specified number of time.
- Not keeping the feet flat on the ground.
- Letting the chest drop.